The Communique of Karen National Union on meeting with President U Thein Sein
1. In compliance with the invitation of President U Thein Sein of Myanmar government, the entourage of the Karen National Union leadership had met with President U Thein Sein and Vice-President Sai Mauk Kham at Nay Pyi Daw on 5/01/2013.
2. The entourage of KNU Leadership had also met with Chief of staff, Vice-Senior General Min Aung Hlaing at Ba Yint Naung Hall on 6/01/2013.
3. The entourage had also met with Rangoon Karen elders on 6/01/2013.
4. On meeting with both the President and the Chief of Staff, the following emphases had been discussed:
(a) The aspect of cease-fire agreement is to be concrete and enabling trust building for both sides;
(b) Matters concerning fierce fighting within Kachin State; and ,
(c) The dialogue be further developed to political level and cease-fire agreement be implemented to give assurance and trust for the people.
5. In striving for the concrete accomplishment of cease-fire agreement and for the development of further dialogue to a political level, the Karen National Union shall collaborate with the nationalities.
Central Executive Committee,
Karen National Union
(1) P’doh Saw Kwe Htoo Win : (+66) 818076279
(2) P’doh Mahn Mahn : (+66) 879438750
Join us on Facebook
Find out what is going on in Karen State and Burma.
You can follow the KNU on Facebook! Click here