Position Statement of the KNU Central Standing Committee Special Emergency Meeting
(1) On October 25 and 26, 2012 the Karen National Union (KNU) Central Standing Committee (CSC) held a special emergency meeting at Lay Wah, in Pa-an District, and efficaciously resolved the problems, which had been brewing within the KNU.
(2) The meeting was attended by 40 Central Standing Committee and Central Standing Committee Candidate (CSCC) members.
(3) At the meeting, matters concerning dismissal of the three leaders according to the decision of the KNU Central Executive Committee (CEC) meeting held on 29-9-2012.
(4) The CSC members freely, frankly and thoroughly deliberated upon the problems, which had been brewing within the organization. With a mind to strengthening national unity, and enhancing the unity, interest and advancement of the organization, all the participants decided to wipe out the weaknesses, which had taken place within the organization, start with a clean slate, continue shouldering the original duties entrusted by the KNU 14th Congress and proceed to the 15th Congress.
(5) After resolving the problem of weaknesses that had arisen within the organization, through consultation and under the guidance and the leadership of KNU, all the participants of the meeting agreed to march on, in accordance with the basic principles and policies of the KNU.
Central Standing Committee
Karen National Union (KNU)
Contact Point: Major Saw Hla Ngwe (66 – 843 816 664)
Padoh Mahn Nyein Maung (66 – 907 459 731)
Join us on Facebook
Find out what is going on in Karen State and Burma.
You can follow the KNU on Facebook! Click here