New Year Greetings & Call for National Unity by KNU
1. On the occasion of 2010th international New Year day we would like to wish all the Karen people and their friends a Very Happy & Prosperous New Year! We hope that there will finally be reconciliation, justice, peace, unity and freedom, for all the peoples of Burma.
2. It is now a time when unity of the Karen people is vital. The SPDC military dictatorship has been working systematically to break up unity of the Karen people, by various means.
3. In the past 15 years, the SPDC has sown conflicts among the Karen people through perfidious means, causing serious harm and loss, and much grief to the entire Karen people. Disunity of the Karen people has benefited only the adversary of the entire Karen people, the criminal SPDC military dictatorship.
4. The most important need of the Karen people politically, in the New Year of 2010 is unity of the entire Karen people, irrespective of dialect groups, religious creeds and regional differences.
5. Only when we can establish a solid unity of the Karen people, we will be able to liberate ourselves from the oppressive rule of the SPDC military regime. It is time for the Karen people to learn a lesson from the bitter experiences of the past 15 years.
6. At the beginning of the international New Year, we the KNU, earnestly urge and welcome each and every Karen to rally under the flag of the Karen National Union (KNU), for a united struggle against the common enemy, the SPDC military dictatorship, for the liberation of the entire Karen people from oppression and serfdom.
Central Executive Committee
Karen National Union
Join us on Facebook
Find out what is going on in Karen State and Burma.
You can follow the KNU on Facebook! Click here