The Karen National Union (KNU) is a democratic organisation respresenting the Karen people of Burma. Our goal is peace and prosperity in a democratic federal Burma.
The Karen National Union is the leading political organisation representing the aspirations of the Karen people.
The KNU was founded in 1947, its predecessor organisations date back to 1881.
Join us on Facebook
Find out what is going on in Karen State and Burma.
You can follow the KNU on Facebook! Click here
- The Communique of Karen National Union on meeting with President U Thein Sein
- Statement of Karen National Union 15th Congress
- Position Statement of KNU on Current Situation in the Country
- Statement of 4 th Meeting of Central Standing Committee of 14 th Congress
- Position Statement of the KNU Central Standing Committee Special Emergency Meeting